Pages

Friday, April 4, 2008

It's Gotta Be the Shoes

Went on my first real run (i.e. - on the road) with the new kicks. VERY HAPPY!!! Save for the aggravating IT band, I felt great! My only issue is is that I could hear myself run. It was weird. It sounded like I was running in moon boots. That, my friends, is how my funny little brain works. The small/weird things get to me.

A few of you have begged me to tell you what type of shoes I got. (There's no clue in the title, either.) I mean, it got pretty embarrassing. Rather than tell you, I'll do one better. Here's a pic:




Pretty sweet, huh?

Long day, yesterday. We had our golf invitational yesterday. Tee times started at 9:00am. 35 degrees, winds at 15mph, and rain. And it didn't get better from there. Yours truly had to stay on the 1st hole and announce each group teeing off along with going over some course rules. To top it all off, I forgot my running hat and gloves, so one of our guys donated me his NY Yankees stocking cap. So for 2 hours, I was cold and a loser.

I'm back on the road tomorrow for a whopping 4 miler. I'm looking forward to it. Why? Because I have new shoes! Have I mentioned that?

17 comments:

Topher said...

Hmmm, you got Keds with Superheroes on 'em, didn't you?!

RazZDoodle said...

I wish!

Danielle in Iowa said...

Hmm, I think Brooks look like moon boots, so I am going to gather they sound like moon boots too :-)

RazZDoodle said...

buzz!!!!

Nitmos said...

Are they moon boots?

RazZDoodle said...

they're moon boots with superheroes on them

Ted said...

Must be the new Crocs !

Vanilla said...

Going by the picture, I'd have to guess that those are Weeboks.

P.O.M. said...

Nike!

Tell mama she's right!

RazZDoodle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RazZDoodle said...

these

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30y20_stride-rite-zips-sneakers_ads

Marcy said...

Those Stride Rites are hawt! (Is that better? :P)

Hmmmmm my guess is Asics? No clue.

Non-Runner Nancy said...

I don't miss those golf meet days. I once played a full round without taking off my mittens. I was quite the rock star. :D

Meg said...

Ew, you had to wear a Yankee hat?! Did you feel dirty? Ew.

tamsmom said...

Hey Raz,
Never commented on your blog before but a GF sent me here. I have the whole IT issue going on to. I let a kid at the shoe store talk me into buying some inserts for my new running shoes (they to shall remain nameless) I thought WTH, I had already spent 130 on the shoes what is another 24. They have really helped! Just a little FYI.
BTW, I am from central NE, huge Husker fan, and the mom of 2 former high school golfers! Spring golf sucks, they should move it to fall like the girls! One of my sons is still playing for a small school in KS, he got to golf in the rain on Thursday, 36 holes!!
Good Luck with the IT band!

Verleen said...

I know the kind of shoe!!! Any and all bribes, a.k.a. "contributions" will be accepted. No amount is too small for me to divulge the NEW shoe information.

Topher said...

I tagged you.

http://illrunfordonuts.blogspot.com/2008/04/me-in-six-words.html