Now onto various and sundry items:
- Since I'm done reading a friggin' software manual, I need to move onto my next book. I had finished Promise Me by Harold Coben and, at times it was good, but the ending was L-A-M-E with a capital "LAME". I tried reading Chi Running, but after a few chapters, I think I'd have been better off with some incense and a tambourine.
- Ironically, yoga is going very well for me.
- Father's Day came and went. It started off with a very difficult 5 mile run. Why, I have no idea. The route ends on a continuous uphill climb, but I didn't have problems with it last Sunday. That, and the fact that I had to quit on a treadmill run last week makes me a little concerned. My run was followed up with a very cool gift from my kids (a homemade coffee mug!). After a cup of joe out of the new mug, we then lost power for about 3 hours. Yeah. It went downhill from there.
- Most importantly, I've found my marathon plan. It's something that fits in well with my lifestyle. You know. The lifestyle where I sit around at my house, eat pints of Ben & Jerry's Americone Dream, and watch reruns of Diff'rent Strokes and/or Wings. THAT lifestyle! I'm going with Hal "The Higger" Higdon's Novice program. Take a gander of the road ahead. Get it? Road? Wow. Good looking (see profile pic) and funny! I'm a catch!
(click on the picture unless you have some sort of superpower of magnification that you got when you got bit by an irradiated opossum or something.)
- I have a ton of questions about this whole 26.2 mile quest that I think I'll lay out in a future post.