6 random things about me:
- I've never eaten a funnel cake. How's that for random?? Why is it when I mention this to students, friends, co-workers, they just freak out? Apparently, its' a big deal that I've never eaten fried dough with powdered sugar.
- In a previous life, I was a radio "on-air personality" (a.k.a. - DJ). I started with the overnight shift and worked my way up. Funny thing is is that the overnight shift allowed me to play some great music and I met a LOT of interesting regular callers. Especially the guy on Ex. I quit when I got started in TV.
- I used to smoke. I hate to admit it, but I did. I mean, after all of the mountains of evidence, I still did it. "Only" about a pack and a half a week, but still. The ironic thing is is that our entire family harped on MomADoodle to quit for years. How hypocritical am I? I'm proud to say that I haven't had a smoke - nor wanted one - for about 8 years now and MomADoodle has been smoke-free for about 3 years. Yeah mom! I'm 1000 times more proud of her than I am myself!
- About 11 years ago, I was sitting at a hockey game here in Omaha when I said, "Screw it, I'm moving to Phoenix." And that's what I did. I packed up all of my stuff, quit my TV job and moved southwest. No job lined up, only knew one person down there, but I still moved. I picked up a gig working the front desk at a 4 star, 5 diamond resort down there. The job sucked, but I made some great friends.
- I pride myself on my spelling, except for the word "restaurant". That one always trips me up.
- I always have to wear a watch. I drives me nuts if I don't.
There ya go. I hate tagging other people and force them to do my bidding, but those people know who should be tagged. You know who you are. Do it. All the cool kids are.