Weekend odds and ends.
- It was a fairly uneventful weekend save for our kick-ass outdoor Christmas decoration. If I think about it, I'll take pictures, but I'm not going to say what it is until after Thanksgiving because our 4 year old wants to keep it a surprise for MomDoodle, DadDoodle, and SisterDoodle (a.k.a. - "G", "Papa", and Aunt Eunice*). It blinks.
- I was pretty proud of myself to make it in and out of Target with Thanksgiving groceries on a Saturday in under 45 minutes. I felt pretty damn smart getting there when they opened.
- My long run consisted of a lot of podcasts and a lot of thinking...mainly about a Nebraska/Colorado wager. It involves someone we're all too familiar with and I'm looking for the right amount of humiliation when the Big Red take out their frustrations on the Buffs. I'll entertain any and all suggestions.
- After my run, my toes hurt. Not my big toe - although I did manage to have a landscaping stone drop on it while putting up the aforementioned Christmas decoration - but the toes in the middle. Very weird.
- Thanks to everyone for their advice on my mid-training burnout. I'm going to cut back to 1 or 2 runs this week and get back at it next week with the long run.
- TypePad hates me. I load up the podcast episodes there and they changed format late last week. Now, I can't upload anything. We're looking into it.
- Finally, we're conducting an open invite to anyone wanting to join in on a discussion for Episode 4 of the Runners LoungeCast. The topic is "Surviving the Holidays". If you're interested, you can join us at TalkShoe this Tuesday at 8:45pm Central Time. We're testing out the "live comments" during this episode, so we'll see how that goes. That sounds like a lot of multi-tasking. At the very least, it should be entertaining to see if my head explodes.
Hope everyone has a good week. I'll be thinking of you on the roads while I'm on the couch.
*not her real name. I'm just protecting her identity.