Some things I noticed while skipping another series of runs:
- It's been awhile since I've hit the road...even the treadmill. It's even harder to wake up at 4:30am when I don't need to. So I don't. And then I get too busy after school to get out there. It's a slippery slope, folks. I need a race to train for or this could get ugly. The next thing you know, I'm sitting on the couch watching QVC, eating Cheetos out of the folds of my stomach and washing myself with a rag on a stick.
- I saw a ton of runners on Saturday (not literally). It was 55 degrees. I felt guilty, but I'm still clinging to the "I just ran a marathon and am in recovery" excuse.
- I rocked my marathon t-shirt on Saturday to subconsciously justify the above.
- Before doing some grocery shopping, KidDoodle 2 and I went in to Sports Authority and checked out the new Under Armour running shoes. Looking at them, they don't do much for me. They look clunky even though RW gave it a pretty decent review.
- While making some empanadas (yeah, that's right. I cook!) for yesterday's game, I hear Journey's Don't Stop Believin' on TV. I thought, "Wow, I didn't know Steve Perry came back to the band." He's not. It's this guy. Um, was anyone a little jarred by this? What's more disturbing, Journey with a new lead singer or the fact that I linked to an MTV "news" article?
- Springsteen is still one of the coolest cats on the freakin' planet.
- Great game. I was rooting for the Cards. Ben Rothlisberger is the ugliest, most impressive quarterback in the game today. Suck it, Peyton Manning!
- $3 million per spot to air those commercials? From here on out can we please stop overhyping the commercials? They were good, but I don't remember about 80% of the advertisers. Isn't that the point?
- I don't need 3 hours of Meredith Viera, Ann Curry, et. al blabbing on and on and on and on about the Super Bowl 3 hours before the 7 hour pregame show. I don't need them blabbing about anything, but that's a whole different post.