I'm a geek. I'm pretty sure that's been well-established, but I'm not buying into this phenomenon. Oh, I've tried to, but it just isn't the same. The popular complaint is, "Why would I want to know about how you went to the grocery store?" Of course, these are the same clever philosophers that inundate my Facebook account with farming/mafia/jeweled crap that is even making Facebook annoying. For me, I'll stick with emails and blogging, thankyouverymuch. I'll stick with my version of Twitter: Bullet Points!
Some observations from the weekend:
- Well, at least Nebraska's special teams can score. This weekend's game (vs. Oklahoma) could be brutal. Thank God it's on prime time.
- Hawks....9-0. "Nuff said.
- What's the cutoff age for trick or treating? 12? I think if "-teen" or "-ty" is attached to your age, you should hang up the plastic pumpkin. It should be the same age as when you stop bringing your glove to a baseball game.
- I supervised the kids and their trick or treat exploits over at a friends house this Saturday....complete with a fully stocked rolling cooler. The best part? We weren't the only ones! It was like a neighborhood block party for the kids and the adults. Who the hell said that chocolate and booze don't mix? I'm on my way to Parent of the Year. I can just feel it.
- After my long run on Sunday, I open the door to a naked 2 1/2 year old wearing only his socks and running shoes. "Run, daddy? Run?" Ah, kids....
- I cannot stress the importance of stretching and hydrating oneself after a long run, people. I neglected to do both this weekend and I felt like I got hit by a truck.
- I'm convinced that Starbucks is slowly shrinking their drinks. And I'm not happy.