- Nebraska Cornhuskers = Big XII North champs. Thanks for playing everyone. I know that lately winning the North is like getting an F+, but it's better than staying (CU) home (ISU) during (KU) the holidays (KSU). More on my Beloved Cornhuskers later on.
- The Nebraska game made me feel really old. From the time I arrived at our tailgate to the time I left, I felt ancient. Even our usual halftime hangout was inflitrated by whippersnappers. Don't they have a frat to trash or sheep to molest?
- The topper of the evening was when I got into an argument with a very drunk, alleged-NU "athlete" bitching about the wrong section she was stumbling into. My response: "I've had these seats for over 10 years, blah blah blah....." All I need now is a rocking chair, a shotgun, and a propensity to yell "Geet off of mah land!" Perfect.
- Speaking of age, at what point is wearing the baseball hat backwards not acceptable for guys? 30? 35? I saw a father of 2 sporting the backwards KSU hat at the store this weekend. Douche.
- *GEEK ALERT* TweetDeck. Best thing ever.
- 0 runs in the last week. Zero. Na da. And after this weekend's gorgefest, something has to be done about it. 3 runs per week, at least 2 days of cross. Consider this my pre-training routine before I attempt....gulp....my next marathon.
- Back to the Big XII North champs. They have a pesky little game this Friday with Colorado. CU considers this a rivalry game whereas NU considers this a necessary evil. Those Buffs fans are so cute! They win a couple of games in the 90's, and now it's a rivalry. OK.....Anywho, I contacted these yahoos for a little wager this week. One of them was down for it. The other one hasn't committed, but did manage to throw in some snide remarks about my timing of the whole thing. Determine for yourself who did what.
Three Things Thursday: Lost in my own city
16 hours ago