Talk about me.
Apparently, I am to write about 10 Great Things About Myself. Or is it 10 Things That Makes Me Happy? Either way, here goes:
- My family. If I were clever, I'd rank them and fill out this Top 10. I have a feeling that their rankings would change weekly....much like an AP Top 25 poll
- My kids' laughter. - There is no other sound on earth that makes me happier.
- My job. Yeah, I bitch about it a lot, but when the light bulb come on for those kids....who am I kidding? I do it for summers off and snow days.
- Starbucks - Venti bold coffee, please.
- Ice Cream - Vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup and Skippy chunky peanut butter, please.
- Husker Game Day - good friends, the smell of multiple grills, the Sea of Red, the Tunnel Walk, etc. It only gets better if it's a rivalry game.
- Morning runs in the fall - Cool, not chilly and the leaves have changed colors.
- First tee time of the day - there's dew still on the ground, there's no one in front to hold us up and the course hasn't taken its daily beating yet.
- Sunday morning paper and my first cup of coffee. - It's quiet. Everyone is still asleep. It's a great way to start the day.
- Race Day - There's a great energy to it, especially before the race.
So...there you go. I wanted to do a SSTIFY entry this week but the following song didn't technically get stuck in my head. I got some iTunes gift cards for Christmas and I got the following song. Personally, the acoustic version is much better than the original. Curiously, it's a great song that always finds a spot towards the top of my iTunes playlist. Who knew Colin Hay had some talent?