Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

A Cultural SSTIFY

My gym plays some gawd-awful music.  I mean, some seriously hideous stuff.  Granted, about 90% of us use our iPods or whatever the hell else plays MP3s.  Helloooo, Zune?  Anyone?  Regardless, I'm subject to this music when I arrive and when I leave.  Most of the time I just roll my eyes, crank up my Nano to 11 and that's that.  Then, when I was walking into the locker room sans earbuds, I heard Culture Club's Karma Chameleon.  Culture Club should never...under any circumstances...be played at a gym.  Ever.

I made the mistake of making that statement on Facebook.  Fortunately, one of my "friends" simply commented "I'll Tumble 4 Ya".  Consequently, the song is now in my head and I now want to hunt him down and stab his eyes out with one of Boy George's heroin needles.  Either that, or reply back with a strongly worded retort.

Regardless, this week's SSTIFY:

8 comments:

Jamoosh said...

Karma karma karma karma karma chameleon - you come and go, you come and go. Loving would be easy if your colors were like my dreams,
red gold and green, red gold and green.

Hum it. Hum it - You know you want to!

Jess said...

When I was a kid, I thought the lyrics were "Comma, comma, comma chameleon" and I thought it was weird that punctuation and lizards would be put together.

Nitmos said...

What ever happened to the Thompson Twins? There were three of them...did the lack of math skills do them in?

The Sean said...

there is nothing good about any of this... except those yellow button fly pants...

Ian said...

You bastard! I couldn't help but push play.

Sure, everyone told me how old my Friends reference was in my last post but you get away with this? Plus your last post was titled Spin me Round Round.

Adam Culp (Crazy Floridian) said...

There should be a law against what you just did to me.

Heather said...

Wow, your blog is very entertaining. Thanks for the humour! It was really cold here this week too.

http://themoosepyjamachronicles.blogspot.com

Viper said...

You live a troubled life.