- I ditched my gym membership. Not really a sacrifice. I was essentially paying money every month so the entire staff could be on their phones and text. I saw a trainer do that while some poor woman was doing lunges around the track. When he wasn't doing that, he was trying to hit on other gym members. Then there was the "daycare provider" that was texting while some toddler was pissing all over the floor. Stay classy, Urban Active.
- I'm a Pool Guy now. We made the executive decision to join a pool this summer. It was that, or the kids and I were going to drive each other nuts by Day 1 of summer vacation. Think Lord of the Flies with flip-flops. Shockingly, I've never been much of a pool guy, but sitting in a plastic chair and making sure my youngest doesn't drown is pretty easy parenting.
- And because I'm a Pool Guy, I have to keep being Running Guy as well. I'm getting 3 runs in a week and want to bump that up to 4. Now that I have no gym to go to, I'm off to the local track to get my intervals in. There's something odd about being at a middle school track at 5:30am. It's borderline creepy, but not as creepy as the old man who watches me from his deck.
- I've completely let myself go, facial hair-wise. I'm week 1 into my "Screw it. It's summer vacation." beard. I look like I should be a captive on Al Jazeera TV telling the American people how wonderfully I'm being treated. Splotches will fill in in Week 2, right?
- I have this in my head. And, since it's Friday, hopefully it will be in yours (SSTIFY!):
Speaking of Sunday morning, Happy Fathers Day to my fellow brethren! Sure, it's not as hyped as Mother's Day, but it gives us an excuse to grill animal flesh, drink copious amounts of beer and shoot animals from our porches.