"ESPN: What would it mean for Nebraska to compete for a Big Ten championship in Year 1?
BO PELINI: We expect to do that. That's what our expectation is, so if we don't, we'll all be disappointed. It's not going to be easy; it never is. It'll be a fight, but as long as we continue to do the right things and keep getting better each day, we'll line up and be ready to go come September."
It's official...Nebraska is part of the Big Ten now. Everyone 'round these parts have written about the Huskers' big move to their new conference. And look! I'm not going to be any different.
Here's what I'm going to miss:
- Missouri - I'll miss nothing about them. Nothing at all. I will enjoy the fact that they openly hiked up their proverbial skirt to get out of the Big 12 (and then denying it) and the B1G chose us instead.
- Texas - Everything is bigger in Texas including the egos. Just keep telling the other 9 teams that your own Longhorn Network will benefit the rest of the conference.
- Oklahoma - Guys, you made your bed when you decided that the UT/OU rivalry was more important than the NU rivalry. Translation: you are now Texas' whipping boy.
- Colorado - You guys were so cute. You took your best shots at the Big Red and, once in awhile you came out on top. But, c'mon guys...really? Rivals? I must admit, it was kind of fun to see Ian surrounded in red for the last Big 12 game at Memorial Stadium. Yes, that really happened.
- Kansas State - You'll always be Nebraska's pesky little inbred brother.
- Kansas/Baylor/Oklahoma State/Texas Tech/Texas A&M/Iowa State - Meh
Here's what I'm looking forward to:
- Iowa - Being a proud Hawkeye alum, I've had November 25th, 2011 circled on my calendar since last year. It's freakin' on.
- Michigan/Michigan State - I'll hate both because I'm pretty sure Nitmos roots for both of them.
- Ohio State - Everyone in Ohio roots for these guys, right? I mean, have you ever heard of a die-hard Bobcats fan? For that reason, I plan on giving Viper a hard time - Buckeye fan or not. It will be good for my soul.
- Wisconsin - Nebraska Light. Same colors. Same rabid fans. Beautiful campus. Their AD was the starting fullback for the Huskers in the 70's. And this little tradition. Freakin' awesome.
- Penn State - I hate Penn State. No, you didn't deserve a share of the '94 National Championship. Why? 2 reasons: (1) You weren't even close to the level of Nebraska and (2) Karma is a bitch.
- Minnesota/Indiana/Purdue/Northwestern/Illinois - Meh
Can't wait for college football to start. Can't wait.